FESTIVAL QUEEN CATEGORY
FESTIVAL QUEEN 2017
The Search for the Best Sinulog Lead Dancer
I – QUALIFICATIONS
– The candidate must be the Lead Dancer of her contingent and must participate during the Grand Parade and the Final Performance on January 15, 2017 – Sunday at the Cebu City Sports Center. Failure to dance during the said event will mean automatic disqualification and/or revocation of award and prizes.
– The candidate must be single. Single unwed mothers are not qualified to join the contest.
– The candidate must be between 14-24 years old.
– The candidate must be of good moral character as certified by her Delegation Head.
– The contingent to whom a candidate belongs must submit an original copy of the Certification of Guarantee issued to the Sinulog Foundation. Failure to submit said certification will disqualify the candidate from participating in the search.
II – DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS
– Completed Registration Form and Bio-Data (as provided for by the Sinulog Foundation Festival Queen 2016 Committee).
– One (1) colored close-up half-body photo 4R
– One (1) colored full-body photo 4R
– At least five (5) high-resolution photos of landmarks/iconic places/tourist spots of the place representing and shall be in .jpeg format placed in compact disk (CD) or email it to email@example.com on or before January 11, 2017 – Wednesday.
– Certificate of Good Moral Character signed by the Delegation Head.
– Certification of Guarantee signed by Delegation Head or City/Town Mayor
Note: All requirements MUST BE submitted and accomplished to be qualified.
III – COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS AND JUDGING GUIDELINES
– The candidate MUST participate and be present in all scheduled photo sessions, rehearsals and shows.
– The costume worn during the Sinulog Festival Queen Competition must be exactly the same costume to be used during the Photo shoot, Grand Parade and Final Performance.
– The candidate must prepare a Two (2) Minute production number with her own live accompaniment (instrumentalists), back-up dancers and props.
– The candidate must prepare a brief ONE LINER opening spiel that talks about/promotes the school/municipality/city/province she represents.
– The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty Four (24) Back-up dancers who should be wearing the same costumes to be used during the Grand Parade and Final Performance.
– The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty (20) Instrumentalists who should be wearing the same costumes/uniforms they will be using during the Grand Parade and Final Performance.
– The Two (2) minute time requirement for the production presentation includes both entrance and exit routines. A deduction of Two (2) points per excess second will be given to the candidate who production number goes beyond this allotted time requirement.
– The candidate together with only One (1) make-up artist cum assistant must attend the official pictorials on Thursday, January 12, 2017. The candidates together with their respective make-up artists will proceed to SM Food court at 8:00AM for the pictorials. Failure to attend the pictorials will mean a Five (5) point deduction and will automatically disqualify the candidate from the Miss Photogenic Award. Afternoon snacks as well as lunch and dinner will be provided for. Take note that each candidate is allowed only one (1) make-up artist cum assistant for food allocation.
– There shall be a Festival Queen Mall Show at Six in the evening (6PM) of January 12, 2017 – Thursday at the SM Northwing. Best in Runway, Miss SM Northwing, Miss Photogenic and other special awards will be chosen during this show.
– The candidate must attend the Production Number Rehearsals on Thursday, January 12, 2017 after the SM Northwing event at the 2nd Floor Dance Studio (across the swimming pool) of the Cebu City Sports Center. Bus will be provided from SM to CCSC grounds so they must go straight to the venue.
Candidates must also join the FINAL Rehearsals for their production number on Friday, January 14, 2016 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM.
They then can rehearse together with all her Back-up Dancers and Instrumentalists at the Grand Stage of the Cebu City Sports Center on their production presentation after, sequence will be according to a “first come first serve” basis or AS ANNOUNCED BY THE COMMITTEE.
– Back-up Instrumentalists who will not attend the aforementioned General Rehearsal schedule will be given a Ten (10) point deduction in their scores for Best in Instrumentation.
– The Sinulog Foundation, Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee as well as the production head, through documented advice from the Festival Queen Search production staff, reserves the right to deduct Five (5) points on the candidates’ scores for tardiness, lack of cooperation and poor behaviour during pre-pageant events and rehearsals.
– The candidate may use a different costume for the Opening Production Number usually provided by the Sinulog Foundation. However, the candidate must use the contingent’s Official Costume (the same as the one to be used in the Grand Parade and Final Performance) during the 2-minute production presentation and the one (1) minute Solo Performance.
– The candidate’s costume must be in accordance to accepted standards of decency. The Sinulog is a religious festival so candidates must take care to wear costumes that do not in any way violate or insult religious and moral sensibilities.
– The competition will be divided into four (4) phases:
1. PRE-JUDGING at 5pm Friday, January 13, 2016 (25 pts. – Beauty and figure);
2. OPENING PRODUCTION NUMBER (20 pts. – coordination with Back-up Dancers/Mastery of Dance/Costume/Projection/Beauty of Face and Figure/Content and Mastery of Opening Spiel);
3. GROUP PRODUCTION PRESENTATION (30 pts. – Choreography/Performance);
4. SOLO PERFORMANCE (25 pts. – Individual Artistry and sense of style/Performance/Projection/Costume).
The division are:
Beauty & Figure – 25 pts.
Opening – 20 pts.
Group – 30 pts.
Solo – 25 pts.
– BEST FESTIVAL COSTUME AWARD – This award is given to the designer of the winning gown which will be judged not only according to over-all aesthetics but also according to its FUNCTIONALITY in the context of dance, performance and choreography. Designers must therefore consider these in the design and construction of their works.
– The Judges’ decision is final and is not open to any appeal.
– The Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee will not entertain any form of protest any time after the competition.
– The Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee reserves the right to forfeit winners or strip them of their titles for any justifiable cause based on the given guidelines and on accepted standards of law, morality and decency.
– Registration starts on December 12, 2016 and shall end on January 12, 2017 at 12 noon.
For inquiries, please contact Festival Chairperson MS. MARTI YBAŇEZ @ +639229678277 OR SINULOG OFFICE +6332 2533700, +6332 2545010, Mr. Micheal Pepito +639339258516.
You can also visit www.sinulog.ph and Sinulog Foundation, Inc. (Sinulog Festival) Facebook Page
SINULOG FESTIVAL QUEEN 2016 PRIZES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Festival Queen 2016 – P 100,000.00
1st Runner-up P 50,000.00
2nd Runner-up P 30,000.00
3rd Runner-up P 20,000.00
4th Runner-up P 10,000.00
Miss Photogenic P 5,000.00
Best in Production Presentation P 5,000.00
Best in Solo Presentation P 5,000.00
Best in Group Presentation P 10,000.00
Best in Costume P 5,000.00
Best Festival Costume P 5,000.00
Best in Instrumentation P 5,000.00
Best in Runway ???????????
1st runner-up ???????????
2nd runner-up ???????????