– The candidate must be the Lead Dancer of her contingent and must participate during the Grand Parade and the Final Performance on January 21, 2018 – Sunday at the Cebu City Sports Center. Failure to dance during the said event will mean automatic disqualification and/or revocation of award and prizes.
– The candidate must be single. Single unwed mothers are not qualified to join the contest.
– The candidate must be between 14-24 years old.
– The candidate must be of good moral character as certified by her Delegation Head.
– The contingent to whom a candidate belongs must submit an original copy of the Certification of Guarantee issued to the Sinulog Foundation. Failure to submit said certification will disqualify the candidate from participating in the search.
– Completed Registration Form and Bio-Data (as provided for by the Sinulog Foundation Festival Queen 2016 Committee).
– One (1) colored close-up half-body photo 4R
– One (1) colored full-body photo 4R
– Certificate of Good Moral Character signed by the Delegation Head.
– Certification of Guarantee signed by Delegation Head or City/Town Mayor
Note: All requirements MUST BE submitted and accomplished to be qualified.
COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS AND JUDGING GUIDELINES
– The candidate MUST participate and be present in all scheduled photo sessions, rehearsals and shows.
– The costume worn during the Sinulog Festival Queen Competition must be exactly the same costume to be used during the Photo shoot, Grand Parade and Final Performance.
– The candidate must prepare a Two (2) Minute production number with her own live accompaniment (instrumentalists), back-up dancers and props.
– The candidate intro should only her Name, Name of Contingent, and the Place she came from.
– The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty Four (24) Back-up dancers who should be wearing the same costumes to be used during the Grand Parade and Final Performance.
– The candidate is allowed to have a minimum of Twelve (12) and a maximum of Twenty (20) Instrumentalists who should be wearing the costumes appropriate to the contingents theme and concept of presentation.
– The Two (2) minute time requirement for the production presentation includes both entrance and exit routines. A deduction of Two (2) points per excess second will be given to the candidate who production number goes beyond this allotted time requirement.
– The candidate with her own official make-up artist cum assistant must attend the official pictorials on Thursday, January 18, 2018. The candidates together with their respective make-up artists will proceed to SM Food court at 8:00AM for the pictorials. Failure to attend the pictorials will mean a Five (5) point deduction and will automatically disqualify the candidate from the Miss Photogenic Award. Afternoon snacks as well as lunch and dinner will be provided for. Take note that each candidate is allowed only one (1) make-up artist cum assistant for food allocation.
– There shall be a Festival Queen Mall Show at Six in the evening (6PM) of January 18, 2018 – Thursday at the SM Northwing. Best in Runway, Miss SM Northwing, Miss Photogenic and other special awards will be chosen during this show.
– The candidate must attend the Production Number Rehearsals on ___________________, _________
Candidates must be present on the FINAL and TECHNICAL Rehearsals for their production number on Friday, January 19, 2018 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM.
They then can rehearse together with all her Back-up Dancers and Instrumentalists at the Grand Stage of the Cebu City Sports Center on their production presentation after, sequence will be according to a “first come first serve” basis or AS ANNOUNCED BY THE COMMITTEE.
– Back-up Instrumentalists who will not attend the aforementioned General Rehearsal schedule will be given a Ten (10) point deduction in their scores for Best in Instrumentation.
– The Sinulog Foundation, Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee as well as the production head, through documented advice from the Festival Queen Search production staff, reserves the right to deduct Five (5) points on the candidates’ scores for tardiness, lack of cooperation and poor behaviour during pre-pageant events and rehearsals.
– The candidate may use any other costume appropriate for the theme and concept of the contingent during the 2-minute production presentation and the one (1) minute Solo Performance the candidate must use their official costume.
– The candidate’s costume must be in accordance to accepted standards of decency. The Sinulog is a religious festival so candidates must take care to wear costumes that do not in any way violate or insult religious and moral sensibilities.
– The competition will be divided into four (4) phases:
1. PRE-JUDGING at 5pm Friday, January 19, 2018 (25 pts. – Beauty and figure);
2. OPENING PRODUCTION NUMBER (15 pts. – coordination with Back-up Dancers/Mastery of Dance/Costume/Projection/Beauty of Face and Figure/Content and Mastery of Opening Spiel);
3. GROUP PRODUCTION PRESENTATION (30 pts. – Choreography/Performance);
4. SOLO PERFORMANCE (20 pts. – Individual Artistry and sense of style/Performance/Projection/Costume).
5. FESTIVAL COSTUME (10 pts.)
The division are:
Beauty & Figure – 25 pts.
Opening – 20 pts.
Group – 30 pts.
Solo – 25 pts.
– BEST FESTIVAL COSTUME AWARD – This award is given to the designer of the winning gown which will be judged not only according to over-all aesthetics but also according to its FUNCTIONALITY in the context of dance, performance and choreography. Designers must therefore consider these in the design and construction of their works.
– The Judges’ decision is final and is not open to any appeal.
– The Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee will not entertain any form of protest any time after the competition.
– The Sinulog Festival Queen Search Committee reserves the right to forfeit winners or strip them of their titles for any justifiable cause based on the given guidelines and on accepted standards of law, morality and decency.
– Registration starts on December 12, 2017 and shall end on December 29, 2017 at 12 noon.
For inquiries, please contact SINULOG OFFICE +6332 2533700, +6332 2545010, Mr. Micheal Pepito +639183024168.
SINULOG FESTIVAL QUEEN 2017 PRIZES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Festival Queen 2016 – P100,000.00
1st Runner-up P50,000.00
2nd Runner-up P30,000.00
3rd Runner-up P20,000.00
4th Runner-up P10,000.00
Miss Photogenic P 5,000.00
Best in Production Presentation P5,000.00
Best in Solo Presentation P5,000.00
Best in Group Presentation P10,000.00
Best Designer for Festival Costume ???????????
Best in Festival Costume P5,000.00
Best in Instrumentation P5,000.00
Best in Runway ???????????
1st runner-up ???????????
2nd runner-up ???????????