1. All filmmakers are eligible to join the Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival – the commercial or non-commercial, both amateurs and professionals.
2. Interested parties must be able to accomplish and / or submit the following, on or before January 19, 2018, Friday, 5:00 PM, to:
RON HERI TAN Chairman Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival Committee Sinulog Foundation Office Ground Floor, Cebu City Sports Center R. Landon St., Sambag II, Cebu City 6000 Cebu, Philippines
a. a duly accomplished application form
b. a brief resume
c. two (2) recent 2×2 photos of the filmmaker/s
3. A Registration Fee of Three Thousand Pesos (Php 3,000.00), if paid between Dec.1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2017 and Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (Php 3,500.00), if paid between Jan. 1 to Jan. 19, 2018 should be paid upon submission of the above-mentioned requirements.
4. Official Identification Cards (IDs) will be provided by the Sinulog Foundation Office and should be worn at all times by the participants while doing the actual shoot most especially during the Grand Parade, for the group’s convenience and proper identification.
5. The final produced-entry for the Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival – short films and documentary, must be submitted in two (2) formats: both HD (1 copy in USB) and DVD format (MUST BE DVD PLAYER PLAYABLE) (2 copies) on or before January 29, 2018, Monday, 12NOON, to the Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival Secretariat. Judging for short films will be on February 1. Again, the entries should be titled.
Before its submission, it should be properly labeled with the following information thru the Playbill:
a. title of the Short Film; b. production company or name of group / association; c. full name/s of director/s and technical / artistic crew; d. full names of casts with corresponding characters in the Playbill; e. full name/s of the producer/s; f. contact number / s of the filmmaker/s; and g. running time.
6. All qualified participants will be required to attend the briefing with the Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival Committee at the Sinulog Foundation Office – Media Room on January 19, 2018, Friday, 12:30PM.
7. A maximum of eight (8) finalists will be chosen among the qualified entries per category.
8. Those who have submitted their finished product will be required to attend the public screenings of all finalists at 1PM; and Announcement of Winners and Grand Awarding at 6PM on February 3, at the SM City Cinema.
9. The decision of the Board of Judges is deemed to be final and should be regarded with respect and cordiality.
Rules & Regulations
- All entries by any citizen/s of Mother Earth shall be accepted.
- All requirements in the Guidelines must be duly accomplished.
- A registration fee of Three Thousand Pesos (Php 3,000.00), if paid between Dec. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2017 or Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (Php 3,500.00), if paid between Jan. 1 to Jan. 19, 2018, in cash, or in check, payable to the Sinulog Foundation, Inc.or thru our on-line registration, @ sinulog.ph. An official receipt from the Sinulog Foundation Office or e-receipt (if thru on-line payment) will be issued accordingly.
- SSFF Short Film and Video Documentary Categories’ Theme: “Sto. Niño: Inspiration of Renewed Disciples for the New Evangelization.”
- All entries must be completely original and independently produced.
- Running time of the video documentary is minimum of five (5) minutes and a maximum of ten (10) minutes while for short films, minimum is also five (5) minutes and maximum of fifteen (15) minutes. Strict compliance is required. Every minute excess in the duration will have an equivalent score deduction of 5 points for every one (1) minute excess.
- Entries that have been previously exhibited in any public screening will be considered NOT Qualified.
- All entries must be in digital video format (i.e. digital editing and post-production).
- Our Board of Judges are mostly from the different regions of the Philippines and might include non-Filipinos or from other countries. We are highly encouraging all regional filmmakers to participate and allow the use of their regions language or dialect for realism in their films, therefore, we SRICTLY REQUIRE that for entries using Cebuano and other non-English languages / dialects, SUBTITLING IN ENGLISH BE APPLIED AND THEREFORE IT IS A MUST.
- We are aiming to show a better quality copy of the entries during the screening and awarding, therefore, we require One (1) HD copy in USB and (2) DVD copies must be submitted for screening and archival purposes.
- To aid the Board of Judges in properly identifying the names of the artists, directors, technical staff and crews and to develop our filmmakers’ skills in packaging & making posters which are very important aspects of the filmmaking industry, we have added three (3) special categories, namely: Best Poster, Best Packaging and Best Playbill. Both hard copies and soft copies (in DVD format) have to be submitted.
- Due to copyright laws, the music used in the documentary or short film must be STRICTLY original, licensed, or in the public domain and the SSFF organizing committee and Sinulog Foundation, Inc. is not responsible for any legal cases that may arise if any violation is committed by any participant.
- For joint-directorial efforts, the filmmakers must assign a single representative. The organizing committee shall not be held responsible for any controversy that might ensue amongst the partners with regards to this competition.
- The Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival Secretariat will ensure the safety of the films throughout the period in which cinematographic materials are in its custody. In case of print loss or damage, Sinulog Foundation, Inc. is obligated only for the cost of replacing the damaged HD and DVD, that is why we advise the participants to keep extra copy / copies for replacement in case this thing happens.
- DVD shipments to the Sinulog 2018 Short Film Festival Secretariat must be prepaid. The organizing office shall not accept any collect shipments of the entry.
- Sinulog Foundation, Inc., which is the organizer of this event, reserves all intellectual rights to show and distribute all entries in their perpetuity.
Best Sinulog Short Film and Best Sinulog Video Documentary *Two (2) Grand Prize Winners: Php 100,000.00 (One for Video Documentary & One for Short Film) * *Two (2) Second Prize Winners: Php 50,000.00 (One for Video Documentary & One for Short Film) * *Two (2) Third Prize Winners: Php 30,000.00 (One for Video Documentary & One for Short Film) * *Two (2) Best Poster Grand Winner: Php 1,000.00 (One for Video Docu & One for Short Film) * *Two (2) Best Playbill Grand Winner: Php 1,000.00 (One for Video Docu & One for Short Film) *Two (2) Best Packaging Grand Winner: Php 1,000.00 (One for Video Docu & One for Short Film) *Ten (10) Consolation Prizes: @ Php 1,000.00 each (5 for each Category) Registration Fee for Short Film and Video Documentary: Three Thousand Pesos (Php 3,000.00), if paid between Dec.1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2017 and Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (Php 3,500.00), if paid between Jan. 1 to
Jan. 19, 2018. And this should be paid upon submission of the filled-up registration form and other requirements.
- Lighting and Video/Camera Setting 3%
- Camera Movements 4%
- Camera Angling 3%
- Musical Scoring 3%
- Sound Effects 3%
- Dialogues and Narrations 4%
- Visual Effects (Post Production) 3%
- Pacing Flow and Continuity 4%
- Editing Creativity 3%
- Production Value 4%
- Story Concept According to the Theme 6%
- Art Direction / Setting 3%
- Wardrobe / Costume Design 3%
- Mood and Treatment 4%
- Artist Performance 4%
- Execution of Scenes 6%
II – OVERALL CONTENT:
- Logic of Sequences and Scenes 5%
- Relevance to the Theme 10%
- Genre Choice and Appropriateness 5%
- Entertainment Value 10%
- Informative and Educational Value 10%